It is recommended to soak pollen before ingesting it
A few hours prior to ingestion we soak pollen in a glass of water in order that the pollen grains swell up and dissolve. This way pollen is more easily digestible and, at the same time, substances beneficial for the organism are absorbed directly into the bloodstream. We can also dissolve pollen in juice or other liquids and it is also recommended to ingest it with yoghurt or fruit.
Pollen can cause allergies in some people. If you are not sure whether pollen is harmful to you, just ingest a very small amount, i.e. equal to a knife tip the first time out!
We can also ingest it in dry form, without soaking it, but we must chew it thoroughly in order for it to mix with the saliva, then wash it down with a liquid.
The best way of storing bee pollen is freezing
It is crucial that pollen remains as fresh as possible and that it is correctly stored. It is recommended to store it in the freezer since this preserves the largest amount of beneficial substances. Dry pollen should be stored in dark packaging and in a cool space.